White Asbestos (Chrysotile)
This is the most used form of asbestos and being the most flexible of all the forms of asbestos, was spun and woven into fabric. Chrysotile was commonly used in:
- Cement products;
- Sheets used for ceiling, walls and floors;
- Ceiling finishes such as artex;
- Roofing felt;
- Pipe insulation;
- Car, lift and machinery brakes, fan belts and clutches;
- Fire barriers in fuse boxes, gaskets for high temperature equipment;
- Asbestos cloth;
- Asbestos rope;
- Asbestos insulation board (AIB); &
- PVC flooring.
This is a non-exhaustive list and it is important to remember that many products contain a variety of asbestos fibre types rather than just one component.
To begin an asbestos injury compensation claim or obtain further advice with no obligation contact Sintons, we are available 24/7 on Freephone 0800 046 1748 or from a mobile on 0330 332 0536. Alternatively, use our callback form and we will arrange for one of our specialist asbestos solicitors to call you at a time that is convenient for you.