Victoria is a Partner in our Real Estate Department specialising in public sector work. Her experience includes advising healthcare professionals, NHS bodies, Foundation Trusts, Ambulance Trusts, developers and educational organisations.
- Victoria has a wealth of experience advising clients in connection with their acquisitions, disposals, development agreements, estate management issues and the regularisation of third party occupational arrangements
- She has advised on many PFI and PPP schemes, including PFI schemes for Local Authorities and NHS Trusts
- Victoria has acted on behalf of both occupiers and developers of healthcare premises including 3PD and polyclinics and social care centres
- She has advised a wide range of NHS Trusts and Local Authorities in connection with the development of new health centres, hospitals and schools including leading on LIFT and BSF projects
- Victoria regularly advises on landlord and tenant matters, acting for both owners and occupiers. She is also experienced in advising on the sale and acquisition of healthcare property, including hospitals, surgeries and specialist clinics
- She also advises healthcare practitioners on partnership matters relating to practice premises including surgery acquisitions, landlord and tenant matters and surgery developments
- Victoria has worked with educational bodies such as universities, colleges, multi academy trusts and schools (on their conversions to academies and free schools)
The Healthcare team was heralded by the Legal 500 2019 as having “excellent knowledge of the healthcare sector, particularly dentists and GPs – it is considered one of the most knowledgeable firms in this sector in the North East”
Victoria was recommended in the Legal 500 2018 with the real estate team being described as “strong, diligent and attentive” and one of the biggest and most capable in the region.
The Healthcare team won praise from the Legal 500 2017 being hailed as “a true leader in the healthcare field”. In the 2018 Guide the team was again highly rated, being described as “attentive and thorough” and committed to offering “prompt response times and great attention to detail“.
The Chambers UK 2019 described the Healthcare team as being “a great all-round firm who have the skills and people to provide support for all eventualities” One client noted: “They are very responsive to queries and give very balanced and sensible advice in terms that make sense.”
The Chambers UK 2019 Guide also commented that the “the work undertaken by the real estate team is always of a high standard and they’re very strong in their area of operation.”
Key Practice Areas
- Real Estate
- Landlord and Tenant