Sophie is a Solicitor in our Personal and Family Department specialising in elderly and vulnerable client matters.
- Sophie studied law at Northumbria University
- After graduating, she worked as a specialist welfare benefits adviser before moving to London where she completed her training contract
- She qualified as a Solicitor in 2019 and moved back to the North East the following year to join the Personal and Family Department at Sintons
- Sophie supports professional deputies to manage compensation awards on behalf of individuals who have suffered life changing injuries
- She works closely with family members, case managers and care teams to implement bespoke care packages to help improve the quality of life of those who have suffered significant injuries
- Sophie also works with elderly clients who have lost capacity due to dementia or Alzheimer’s disease and is able to advise on matters including the availability of NHS Continuing Healthcare funding, Local Authority Deferred Payment Agreements, the appointment and removal of trustees and statutory will applications
- Sophie has an excellent understanding of the role of the Court of Protection and she is committed to making a difference to the lives of injured and vulnerable people
- Sophie’s work is supervised by a senior associate or partner within the Wills and Probate Team.
Outside of work Sophie enjoys reading and playing netball.
The Legal 500 2019 described the private client team as “professional at all times. All the staff are polite and pleasant, they are quick to respond to queries.”
The private client team won praise from the Legal 500 2017 being hailed as “excellent”. In the 2018 Guide the team was highly rated for its “professional efficient and friendly approach.“
The Chambers UK 2019 Guide described the personal tax, trusts and probate team as being “highly professional and offering solid advice, clearly given, followed by efficient and timely preparation of the relevant documentation.”
The private client team was hailed as “pleasant, courteous and, from my experience, efficient.” in the Chambers UK 2020 Guide with another client saying “It’s an excellent service, overall, and I would not hesitate to use the firm again.“
Key Practice Areas
- Court of Protection
- Personal Injury Trusts
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- NHS Continuing Healthcare Funding