Sheila joined Sintons in September 2019 as an Associate in the Regulatory Services department.
Sheila has in depth knowledge of the regulatory compliance and financial services sector. Working with individuals, businesses and organisations, she can identify your current compliance with your legal obligations. Assisting with compliance but also representing at investigations and prosecutions brought by the regulatory bodies, Sheila understands the importance of protecting the clients reputation.
- Sheila advises clients across public, private and third party sectors on regulatory compliance
- She provides training to firms on new legislation within their sector
- Sheila also drafts and advises on policies and procedures for health and safety, anti money laundering, data protection, fraud & bribery and corruption
- She assists with applications for firms wishing to gain FCA authorisation including changes to their permissions
- Sheila delivers seminars and workshops on data protection, cybersecurity and the FCA handbook
- She carries out full audits of all compliance processes for firms regulated by the FCA, ICO, HSE, including a full evaluation of all contractual documentation and internal processes
- Sheila represents clients at interview under caution, at the criminal courts and at the first tier tribunal
Outside of work Sheila enjoys discovering new holiday hot spots around the world, spending time socialising and bike riding.
Key Practice Areas
- Financial Services Regulation
- Professional Discipline & Regulation
- Healthcare Regulatory
- Fintech & Technology
- Data Protection, Privacy & Cybersecurity
- Health & Safety