Paul is a partner in the Personal and Family department and heads up the Wills, Trusts and Probate Team. He has a wealth of experience advising some of the region’s wealthiest individuals in relation to their private client matters.
- Paul studied law at university in both Norwich and the Netherlands
- Since qualifying as a solicitor in 1997, Paul has specialised in private client work and has worked at several leading national and international law firms
- Paul has developed an expertise in the administration of estates, including those with business assets, agricultural land and foreign property. He has considerable experience preparing wills for high net worth individuals and advising in relation to inheritance tax. Paul is regularly appointed by the Court of Protection as a professional deputy in relation to vulnerable clients
- Paul is a full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners and sits on its regional committee
- Paul is a Full Accredited Member of Solicitors for the Elderly
- Paul has been named as a “Leading Individual” by the Legal 500 every year since 2015 and he was listed as a “Notable Practitioner” by Chambers UK since 2016
- The Wills, Trusts & Probate Team won Private Client Team of the year at the 2019 Northern Law Awards
Paul was praised by the Legal 500 for being “excellent with clients and responding immediately and taking action without delay”.
In the Chambers UK Guide 2019, Paul was hailed as “being careful with good attention to detail and [having] an excellent manner with clients”.
Key Practice Areas
- Probate & estate administration
- Lasting powers of attorney
- Court of Protection
- Inheritance tax planning