Paul is a partner in the Personal and Family department and heads up the Wills and Probate Team. He has a wealth of experience advising some of the region’s wealthiest individuals in relation to their private client matters.
- Paul studied law at university in both Norwich and in the Netherlands
- Since qualifying as a solicitor in 1997, Paul has specialised in private client work
- Previously Paul worked at two leading national law firms and has been a partner since 2011
- Paul has developed an expertise in the administration of complex estates, including those with business assets, agricultural land and foreign property
- He has a considerable amount of experience in the preparation of wills for high net worth individuals and advising in relation to inheritance tax planning
- Paul is regularly appointed by the Court of Protection as a professional deputy in relation to vulnerable clients
- He is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners and sits on its regional committee
- Paul is a Full Accredited Member of Solicitors for the Elderly
- The wills and probate team won team of the year at the 2019 Northern Law Awards
In his free time, Paul enjoys foreign travel and live theatre and is a very reluctant gym goer.
Paul was listed as a ‘leading individual‘ by the Legal 500 in 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 with his team being hailed in 2017 as “excellent”.
In the 2018 Guide Paul was praised for being “excellent with clients and responding immediately and taking action without delay“. His team was also highly rated for its “professional efficient and friendly approach“.
Paul was recognised as being a ‘notable practitioner’ in the Chambers UK 2016 & 2019 Guides.
The 2019 Guide described Paul as being “careful with good attention to detail and an excellent manner with clients,” adding that he is “very responsive.” One of Pauls’ peers says he has “a wealth of knowledge” on private client matters. The Guide also described the personal tax, trusts and probate team as being “highly professional and offering solid advice, clearly given, followed by efficient and timely preparation of the relevant documentation.”
Key Practice Areas
- Inheritance tax planning
- Administration of estates
- Powers of attorney and Court of Protection matters