- Paul studied law at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne and completed his LPC at the University of Northumbria. During his time at Newcastle University, he was awarded the prize for the best performance in the area of Equity and Trusts
- Since qualifying as a solicitor in 2008, Paul has specialised in private client work. Paul trained at a prestigious firm based in Chester and North Wales
- Paul has developed an expertise in the administration of estates, including those with business assets, agricultural land, and property located abroad. He has considerable experience in the preparing straightforward and bespoke Wills, advising on succession planning for business owners, and preparing Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Paul is experienced in Court of Protection matters, including dealing with applications for Deputyship, Inheritance Tax planning/advancement of capital gifts, and removing an incapacitated trustee
- Paul is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Paul is an Associate Member of Solicitors for the Elderly
In his free time, Paul enjoys spending time with his family and travelling. Paul enjoys foreign cuisine and socialising.
Paul has was rated highly by Legal 500 2017, which praised him for being “very strong with clients, putting them at ease and clearly explaining complex issues”. The 2018 edition also highly rated Paul for his “very caring and responsive manner“.
The private client team won praise from the Legal 500 2017 being hailed as “excellent”. In the 2018 Guide the team was highly rated for its “professional efficient and friendly approach“.
The Chambers UK 2019 Guide described the personal tax, trusts and probate team as being “highly professional and offering solid advice, clearly given, followed by efficient and timely preparation of the relevant documentation.”
Key Practice Areas
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Probate & estate administration
- Court of Protection
- Inheritance tax planning