Michael is a solicitor in the Personal and Family department, specialising in Wills, Trusts & Probate. He qualified as a solicitor in February 2016 and joined Sintons in May 2018.
- Michael studied law at University of Sunderland and completed his LPC at Northumbria University at Newcastle. Whilst at the University of Sunderland he was awarded the Ede & Ravenscroft Outstanding Achievement Award
- Michael completed his training contract at a regional firm in Sunderland and gained experience in litigation and private client having wanted to specialise in private client since his undergraduate degree
- He specialises in the preparation of Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney in addition to the administration of estates, both taxable and not
- Michael is a member of Solicitors for the Elderly and a Dementia Friends Champion
- Michael’s work is supervised by an associate or partner within the Wills and Probate Team
The private client team won praise from the Legal 500 2017 being hailed as “excellent”. In the 2018 Guide the team was highly rated for its “professional efficient and friendly approach“.
The Chambers UK 2019 Guide described the personal tax, trusts and probate team as being “highly professional and offering solid advice, clearly given, followed by efficient and timely preparation of the relevant documentation.”
Outside of work Michael enjoys spending time with his family.