Melissa is a paralegal in the Personal and Family Department, specialising in work for elderly and vulnerable clients.
- Melissa has worked in the legal profession since leaving school and joined Sintons from a leading national law firm;
- Melissa specialises in Court of Protection matters and has experience dealing with applications for the appointment of deputies, advising professional deputies and supporting vulnerable individuals with the management of their finances;
- Melissa has experience drafting and registering lasting powers of attorney;
- Melissa is a Dementia Friend and a member of CoPPA;
- The wills and probate team won team of the year at the 2019 Northern Law Awards.
Outside of work Melissa enjoys spending time with her family, travel and films.
The Legal 500 2019 described the private client team as “professional at all times. All the staff are polite and pleasant, they are quick to respond to queries.”
The private client team won praise from the Legal 500 2017 being hailed as “excellent”. In the 2018 Guide the team was highly rated for its “professional efficient and friendly approach.“
The Chambers UK 2019 Guide described the personal tax, trusts and probate team as being “highly professional and offering solid advice, clearly given, followed by efficient and timely preparation of the relevant documentation.”
The private client team was hailed as “pleasant, courteous and, from my experience, efficient.” in the Chambers UK 2020 Guide with another client saying “It’s an excellent service, overall, and I would not hesitate to use the firm again.“
Key Practice Areas
- Court of Protection
- Lasting Powers of Attorney