Luke advises on both acquisitions and disposals and has a strong background in acting for management in venture capital and private equity transactions.
- Acting on the sale of Barnsley Football Club
- Acting on Mobysoft’s private equity investment from Livingbridge
- Acting for management on the vendor initiated management buyout of Innov8 Technology and the acquisition of Viking Management
- Acting for Wilson Insurance Brokers on its merger with Bollington Group and the private equity investment from Inflexion
- Acting for eLucid mHealth on its investment from the GM&C Life Sciences Fund via Catapult Ventures
- Acting for Gendius on its investment from the GM&C Life Sciences Fund via Catapult Ventures
- Acting on the sale of REACT Technology and Nimbus Journey Information to Danish based R2P Group
- Luke has acted for 8 of the top 100 tech companies listed in the 2018 Northern Tech 100 League Table published by Tech Nation.
- The Chambers UK 2019 Guide described the Corporate team as having “Excellent service levels. They are very responsive and commercially minded.
- ‘Luke has made the whole process very simple and straightforward at our end. The level of expertise provided was exceptional throughout the process, always ensuring that we were kept updated in a prompt manner. As co-founders we would highly recommend Luke for any form of venture capital work.’ – Sintons client
Outside of work Luke enjoys going to the gym and watching his beloved Manchester United.
Key Practice Areas
- Corporate finance
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Venture capital
- Shareholder agreements & joint ventures