Louise is a solicitor in the Company and Commercial department. She has experience advising both private and public sector clients on a range of Data Protection and commercial matters. She advises on GDPR/Data Protection Act 2018 compliance and on data breach protocol and supports clients in the healthcare, construction, manufacturing, retail, business and professional services and leisure sectors.
- Advising clients across public, private and the third sector on data protection compliance;
- Guiding clients through breach notification protocols and advising on whether ICO reporting threshold has been met;
- Acting in relation to data controller/data processor relationships and drafting/negotiating data processing agreements;
- Directing clients in relation to data transfers outside the EEA and advising on data transfer mechanisms;
- Supporting corporate teams in relation to data transfer and risk exposure on sale/purchase transactions;
- Providing training to business managers on data protection legislation and raising data consciousness of staff;
- Drafting data protection policies and privacy notices or statements and advising in relation to website data capture;
- Advising clients in relation to direct marketing and data storage/retention;
- Louise completed her Advanced Litigation Diploma at Nottingham Law School;
- The corporate and commercial team won team of the year at the 2019 Northern Law Awards.
Key Practice Areas
- Commercial Contracts
- Data Protection
- Dawn Raids