Louise is a Solicitor in the Corporate and Commercial department. She works closely with NHS Trusts and other healthcare sector organisations in relation to their information governance arrangements and guides commercial clients in the construction, technology, retail, leisure and professional services sectors through their regulatory compliance obligations.
Louise also works with faith-based institutions such as the Anglican Church and Methodist Church where she advises clients on a range of data protection matters.
She has experience advising both private and public sector clients on a range of Data Protection and commercial matters. She advises on GDPR/Data Protection Act 2018 compliance and on data breach protocol with what is often highly sensitive and confidential information.
Louise’s background is in acting for pharmaceutical clients in product liability class actions against allegations of defective medical products. In Louise’s spare time, she enjoys gardening, walking, travelling and scuba diving (fair weather only), and is a keen skier.
- Advising NHS Trusts in relation to their data sharing arrangements, IG compliance and data security measures;
- Guiding clients through breach notification protocols and advising on whether ICO reporting threshold has been met;
- Acting in relation to data controller/data processor relationships and drafting/negotiating data processing and data sharing agreements;
- Directing clients in relation to data transfers outside and into the EEA, and advising on data transfer mechanisms;
- Supporting corporate teams in relation to data transfer and risk exposure on sale/purchase transactions in the healthcare sector;
- Providing training to contract and project managers on data protection legislation and raising data consciousness of staff;
- Drafting data protection policies and privacy notices and advising in relation to the governance aspects of handling and processing personal data;
- Advising clients in relation to privacy, direct marketing and data storage/retention;
- The corporate and commercial team won team of the year at the 2019 Northern Law Awards.
Key Practice Areas
- Commercial Contracts
- Data Protection
- Dawn Raids