Louise qualified as a solicitor 12 years ago and is now a Senior Associate at Sintons. She has a varied caseload of complex Family matters.
She has the experience to deliver expert advice but also the personal touch to allow the range of clients she deals with to feel instantly at ease. Thus she has gained a stellar reputation both locally and nationally and as a result often represents high profile clients or those in the public eye.
Louise also works very closely with the firm’s Serious Injury and Court of Protection teams to provide advice upon family matters in these areas.
- She has a breadth of experience covering all aspects of family law, however regularly deals with cases in which there are co-mingling of matrimonial and non-matrimonial property or where the assets are tied up in a Company or Trust;
- Louise provides regular advice in cases where a person has suffered a catastrophic injury and the implications of that and the impact of any award;
- Louise is a highly competent advocate. She realises that often clients require specific details to be brought to the attention of the Court which can sometimes become overlooked. To the unconnected person, the detail may seem irrelevant or unnecessary, but Louise has been praised by numerous clients for the support and representation she has provided at Court and the way that she has conveyed the case to the Judge;
- Louise has gained experience as a community mediator which brings with it a different skill set to assist her overall practice;
- Louise is a member of Resolution, the largest membership organisation for family justice professionals in England and Wales and obtained accreditation from them for her specialisms in Complex Financial Remedies and Private Children matters;
- Louise’s team won Family Team of the Year at the 2019 Northern Law Awards.
Outside of work Louise has two young children who occupy most of her time but also enjoys collecting vintage clothing and household items, much to her husband’s dismay.
‘Louise Masters is fantastic – I wish I could use her for all of my legal matters’ – previous client
‘Thank you for making our family happy’ – previous client
‘Your clients are lucky’ – professional contact
Louise won praise from the Legal 500 2018, being singled out for her ability to handle complex matters and her collaborative law expertise.
Key Practice Areas
- Divorce and Civil Partnerships
- Pre-Nuptial, Post-Nuptial & Cohabitation Agreements
- Private Law Children Matters
- Serious Injury & Family Law