Louisa joined Sintons in September 2018 with ten years’ experience in Family Law. She has a high level of expertise as a Family Lawyer and is regarded by her clients as achieving excellent outcomes.
Tenacious in all aspects of her role, Louisa’s focus is always to protect her clients by pursuing fit for purpose settlements that are fair.
After returning to the North East she became Head of Department at a Teesside based firm and most recently joined Sintons to contribute her wealth of experience, commitment and dedication which is appreciated by her clients.
- Louisa’s experience in Civil Litigation has served her well, fighting for those clients who cannot find a solution through alternative dispute resolution. Wherever possible she will negotiate out of court settlements but will not shy away from the Court process with many years’ experience undertaking her own advocacy in the family courts;
- From the very early stages of her career in West Cumbria Louisa managed financial cases involving businesses, high value pensions and farming assets. She also has considerable experience in child arrangement cases, sensitively supporting parents and families;
- Louisa understands that all her clients and their circumstances are unique, one size does not fit all, whilst the value of assets vary as do their complexity, achieving excellence in client care is a thread that runs through all her cases. As a lawyer she is delighted to offer bespoke outcomes;
- A high level of professionalism is important to Louisa. She has worked in the regulatory sector dealing with Law Society Complaints about Inadequate Professional Service. This has given her a solid basis upon which to understand and apply a high standard of excellence both in her people skills, as well as technical expertise;
- Louisa is regularly asked to make legal comment by BBC Newcastle on the breakfast show. She has also featured on the midmorning show, invited to record a series of interviews centred around her career as a family lawyer and her experience in protective planning by way of prenuptial agreements, cohabitation agreements as well as divorce. Louisa is a “go to” spokesperson about current issues in family law matters;
- She is a member of Resolution, the largest membership organisation for Family Law professionals in England and Wales. In supporting them, Louisa has spent time with local MP’s in Newcastle and Teesside addressing issues relating to improving the rights of cohabitees;
- The family team won team of the year at the 2019 Northern Law Awards.
Outside of work, Louisa’s favourite way to spend her time is at the beach with her family exploring the Northumbrian Coast. She plays an active role in the community both as a School Governor and Team Manager for a youth rugby team and to relax Louisa enjoys reading, yoga and running.
Louisa was recommended by the Legal 500 2019.
The family team won praise from the Legal 500 2018, being acknowledged for their “excellent work”.
“I have always found Louisa to give sound advice. Louisa has an amazing talent for being able to identify the key issues and expertly guide her clients through complex legal matters.” ‘Crowther Mediation’
Key Practice Areas
- Divorce and Finances
- Children cases
- Prenuptial & Postnuptial Agreements
- Injunctions & Prohibited Steps Applications