Lauren is a solicitor in the Personal & Family Department, advising on a wide range of private client matters.
- Lauren studied law at the University of Nottingham. During her time at university, Lauren was awarded the John Warren prize for achieving the best overall exam results and the University of Nottingham Law Graduates Association award for being the best candidate in Part II of her final exams;
- Lauren trained at a firm in York, before qualifying as a solicitor in 2018;
- Lauren specialises in the preparation of wills, trusts and lasting p;owers of attorney, as well as the administration of estates and inheritance tax planning
- Lauren is an Associate Member of Solicitors for the Elderly and a Dementia Friends Champion;
- The Wills, Trusts & Probate Team won Private Client Team of the year at the 2019 Northern Law Awards;
- Lauren’s work is supervised by a senior associate or partner within the Wills and Probate Team.
Outside of work Lauren enjoys playing netball, watching rugby and travel.
The Legal 500 2019 described the private client team as “professional at all times. All the staff are polite and pleasant, they are quick to respond to queries.”
The private client team won praise from the Legal 500 2017 being hailed as “excellent”. In the 2018 Guide the team was highly rated for its “professional efficient and friendly approach.“
The Chambers UK 2019 Guide described the personal tax, trusts and probate team as being “highly professional and offering solid advice, clearly given, followed by efficient and timely preparation of the relevant documentation.”
The private client team was hailed as “pleasant, courteous and, from my experience, efficient.” in the Chambers UK 2020 Guide with another client saying “It’s an excellent service, overall, and I would not hesitate to use the firm again.“
Key Practice Areas
- Probate & estate administration
- Lasting powers of attorney
- Inheritance tax planning