Keith qualified as a solicitor in January 1999. He is a partner and the Head of the Employment Team and is the lead in the management and delivery of HR and employment law advice at Sintons.
- He has 19 years PQE and widely recognised as an expert in his field, being ranked in Band 1 by Chambers and Partners and being described by one source as “by far the best employment law specialist I have worked with in my career
- He provides excellent advice, is incredibly knowledgeable, and solutions-orientated”
- Keith acts for clients in and out of the Employment Tribunal and within the public and private sectors, including the NHS, transport, retail, education, manufacturing and construction
- Within the Employment Tribunal Keith is an exceptional and highly experienced litigator with a great eye for detail and a natural ability to weigh up the strategic and cost considerations for clients and has represented hundreds of clients in the Tribunal
- He handles the most complex matters on behalf of clients and recent matters include:
- successfully defending multiple unfair dismissal claims following the transfer of health services between two NHS providers;
- defending a claim of unfair dismissal and disability discrimination arising from the dismissal of an employee by reason of his conduct and the guidance of employers through performance management matters &
- the successful defence of subsequent claims for disability discrimination arising from the actions taken
- Keith is also a member of the Employment Lawyers Association and is a school governor at secondary school in Stockton
Keith was recognised by Legal 500 2021 as a ‘Leading Individual’.
Keith was singled out for praise by Legal 500 2017, 2018 & 2019, who hailed him as being “extremely knowledgeable and pragmatic”.
In the Legal 500 2018 Guide Keith was praised for his “measured, honest and practical approach“, with his team being described as “always offering reasoned and and appropriate advice“.
Chambers & Partners
The Chambers UK 2021 Guide hailed Keith as a ‘notable practitioner’ and commented that “he has a built a standout practice working with employers on the full spectrum of employment law.” Also “his ability to analyse a situation, evaluate it and advise on it delivers additional value to our business.”
The Chambers UK 2020 Guide hailed Keith as a ‘notable practitioner’ and commented on his “wealth of technical knowledge and has used his expertise to help navigate us through difficult legalities.”
The Chambers UK 2019 Guide again recognised Keith as being a notable practitioner, with a client describing him as being “by far the best employment law specialist I have worked with in my career. He provides excellent advice, is incredibly knowledgeable, and solutions-orientated.” The Guide also described the Employment team as providing a “dependable, friendly service that’s always willing to go the extra mile in difficult situations.” A client noted: “Their advice has always been timely. They’re very pragmatic as well, and give detailed advice.”
The Chambers UK 2018 Guide also recognised Keith as being a notable practitioner, describing him as having “a deep understanding of employment law and a pragmatic approach to the various issues. Keith is a pleasure to deal with, and he is very responsive and client-focused.”
Keith ranked highly and recognised as being a notable practitioner in the Chambers UK 2017 Guide, being described as “noted for his wide-ranging sector expertise including in retail, education, transport and construction. He has recently been advising Auckland Castle Trust on staffing issues.” Clients describe him as “very practical in his advice; he gives you great clarity in terms of your options.
Key Practice Areas