Jonathan is a solicitor in our Corporate & Commercial team who deals with a wide range of business matters, including mergers and acquisitions, company restructuring, corporate finance and investments, as well as general business support over various industries.
Jonathan began working at Sintons in May 2016 and after completing his training contract, qualified into the Corporate & Commercial Team.
- Jonathan has come from a background of both Economics and Law. Having studied Economics at Leeds University and internationally at McMaster University in Canada, Jonathan converted to Law at BPP Waterloo in London and achieved a distinction in the Legal Practice Course at Northumbria University.
- Since qualifying in 2018, Jonathan has specialised in corporate matters.
- Jonathan was part of the corporate and commercial team which won team of the year at the 2019 Northern Law Awards
- Advising SMEs on mergers and acquisitions in the manufacturing, engineering and healthcare industries, as well as for independent local and regional businesses;
- Engaging in substantial due diligence exercises across various industries, whether providing clear and organised information upon acting for a seller or reporting on the contents of a business when acting for a buyer;
- Structuring and advising on company governance matters, by incorporating bespoke shareholder agreements and articles of association;
- Undertaking company restructures, including share for share exchanges, share buybacks and creating new company structures, such as family investment companies.
- Acting for investees in private equity work;
- Providing independent legal advice, particularly in relation to personal guarantees.
- Preparing confidentiality agreements;
- Dealing with general company matters, such as share transfers, allotment, appointment and incorporations.
Jonathan is a lover of jazz and disco music, cooking, horror films and is a previous academy football player.
Key Practice Areas
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Business Support and Restructuring
- Corporate Finance and Private Equity