Jonathan joined Sintons in October 2017 as a Solicitor within the Personal and Family department. Jonathan works specifically in the Wills and Probate Team, providing a full range of associated legal services. Jonathan also has vast experience of dealing with contentious trusts and probate.
- Jonathan studied at the London School of Economics
- He qualified as a Solicitor in 1996
- Jonathan is a member of ACTAPS – the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists
- He is an associate lecturer at Northumbria University specialising in Wills & Probate
- Jonathan’s work is supervised by an associate or partner within the Wills and Probate Team
In his free time, Jonathan enjoys playing the piano and spending time at his family cottage in North Northumberland.
The private client team won praise from the Legal 500 2017 being hailed as “excellent”. In the 2018 Guide the team was highly rated for its “professional efficient and friendly approach“.
Jonathan was recognised in the 2017 Legal 500 as being ‘able to plot his way through complex, multi-faceted issues with clarity’.
The Chambers UK 2019 Guide described the personal tax, trusts and probate team as being “highly professional and offering solid advice, clearly given, followed by efficient and timely preparation of the relevant documentation.”
Key Practice Areas
- Inheritance tax planning
- Administration of estates
- Powers of attorney and Court of Protection matters