Joanna joined Sintons in July 2010 and has worked in the Catastrophic Injury Team since 2012.
Joanna exclusively handles high value litigation arising from complex and serious road traffic incidents.
She represents a number of insurance companies, protecting their interests when catastrophic injury claims are made.
Her experience specifically includes the following areas:
- Advising clients at the earliest stages post-accident in relation to reserve and the necessary investigations
- Complex liability disputes
- Indemnity/Article 75/insurance arguments
- The full spectrum of acquired brain injury claims (from individuals in prolonged disorders of consciousness to allegations of ‘subtle brain injury’)
- Complex psychiatric injury cases including conversion and somatoform disorders
- Chronic pain cases (including the interplay between organic and non-organic injury)
- Spinal cord injury
- Amputation claims
- Life-changing orthopaedic and internal injury
- High value fatal cases (including dependency claims)
- Assisting clients with all aspects of case handling from beginning to end including costs budgeting and costs
The nationally-acclaimed insurance litigation team won praise from the Legal 500 2017 for its unrivalled capability and client-centric approach and in 2018 for its personal and professional service and for its particular strength in defending high-value catastrophic injury claims.
Key Practice Areas
- Insurance Litigation