Jane Meikle is head of our Banking Team. Jane advises on all aspects of banking related matters, acting for banks, other financial institutions and corporate borrowers.
Her main practice areas include acquisition finance and real estate finance. Over a 16 year period, Jane has advised on a wide range of banking issues which allows her to identify any potential issues that can then be resolved in an efficient manner.
- Advising on bilateral and syndicated facilities
- Advising a large property management company in relation to several multi-currency facilities of up to approximately £200 million in aggregate secured on numerous properties situated in England, Scotland and Germany
- Advising both banks and borrowers on transactions in the education sector including the further and higher education sector and independent schools
- Advising a major banking group on a £6.5million financing deal of a new leisure business
- Advising Sandman Hotel Group on a large refinancing deal with AIB
- Advising STR Enterprises in relation to a multi leisure site refinancing with HSBC Bank plc
- Acting on behalf of the Education Funding Agency in relation to schools converting to academies
- Acting on behalf of public sector clients in relation to PFI facilities in relation to Building Schools for the Future, fire stations, hospitals and street lighting scheme
The Legal 500 2018 describes the banking team, led by Jane as being “strong and customer focused” and having “deep expertise“.
The banking team, led by Jane was described as being ‘strong and experienced’ whose ‘excellent ethos and helpful approach and very customer focused service means that clients trust its advice implicitly’ by the Legal 500 2017
Jane was described in the Chambers UK 2019 Guide as being a ‘recognised practitioner’, ‘up and coming’ and clients acclaim her “great depth of understanding of the banking market,” and say she is “very strong technically, able to sift out the important information from the noise.” The Guide also described the Corporate team as having “Excellent service levels. They are very responsive and commercially minded.”
Outside of work Jane is a keen runner, having ran in several Great North Runs and other local runs.
The corporate and commercial team won team of the year at the 2019 Northern Law Awards.
Key Practice Areas
- Banking and Finance
- Real Estate Finance
- Business Support and Restructuring
- Corporate Finance and Private Equity
- Mergers and Acquisitions