Jamie McCabe is a Partner and Head of the Defendant Insurance Litigation department. He handles high value catastrophic injury claims.
- Qualified in England and Wales, 1991
- Made a Partner in Sintons in 1996
- Appointed Head of Defendant Insurance Litigation in 2002
- Work consists exclusively of Defendant Catastrophic Injury Motor Claims
- Last year concluded in excess of 20 multi-million pound claims
- One of four specialist Catastrophic Injury Lawyers appointed by Equity Insurance to exclusively deal with their maximum severity Injury Claims
- Currently handling a number of tetraplegic and brain injury claims where damages sought exceed £15 million
Jamie was listed as a ‘leading individual‘ by the Legal 500 in 2016, 2017 & 2018.
The nationally-acclaimed team, led by Jamie, won particular praise from the Legal 500 2017 for its unrivalled capability and client-centric approach. The insurance litigation team acts for a host of well-known UK insurers and is known for handling matters of the greatest of complexity.
‘Market leader’ Jamie – again named as one of the leading lawyers in the North of England – attracted particular praise as a ‘superlative negotiator with an analytical brain’.
Client testimonials gathered by Legal 500 pointed to his ‘thorough, professional and knowledgeable approach’ and his ‘approachability and attention to detail, which are second to none’.
In the 2018 Guide Jamie was described as being “extremely knowledgeable.” His team was also praised for its personal and professional service and for its particular strength in defending high-value catastrophic injury claims.
Chambers & Partners
Jamie was a highly ranked lawyer in the Chambers UK 2017 Guide and was described as: ‘the “extraordinary solicitor” Jamie McCabe of Sintons is lauded by clients for his “excellent attention to detail and negotiation skills.”‘
He is a renowned expert for catastrophic injury work, and regularly defends clients against complex brain, spinal and fatal injury claims. Sources appreciate his ability to “pick up really little technical points that can make or break a case.”
Jamie was again a highly ranked lawyer in the Chambers UK 2018 Guide and was described as being highly reputed for his excellent personal injury practice, and regularly defends leading motor insurers against a broad array of catastrophic injury claims. Clients commend him for his “superlative tactical and negotiation skills.”
In the 2019 Guide Jamie was once again ranked as a ‘notable practitioner’ with one client noting that “he’s an exceptional catastrophic injury lawyer who is very approachable. He has outstanding technical knowledge and tactical awareness.”
“His analytical mind and meticulous attention to detail makes him one of the best.”
Jamie is praised for his Catastrophic cases and “has strong relationship management skills.”
Jamie McCabe is regarded as “one of the best Catastrophic Injury Lawyers in the country.”
Jamie has the “full deck of qualities sought in a Lawyer.”
Key Practice Areas
- Injuries of maximum severity including traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, amputation and high value fatal cases
- Complex Motor Cases
- Indemnity and Policy Matters
- Defendant Litigation