Jami has worked in complex areas of fatal and serious road traffic collision investigation after joining the Motor Patrols department of Northumbria Police. She accumulated 20 years of service before moving to Sintons.
During her time with the Police, Jami developed the young driver road safety initiative ‘Road Sense Common Sense’, which won Bronze First Car Award in 2016 and together with the small team of Operation Dragoon was awarded the Prince Michael International Road Safety Award in 2017. She was also awarded Brake Road Safety Educator of the Year in 2015.
Jami completed her Professional Doctorate this year in the role of empathy through storytelling in young driver road safety. After returning to study in 2014, she was awarded the National Learning at Work award by NIACE in 2015, applying her academic studies to the workplace in various project roles. She also spoke at the 2018 National Road Safety Conference.
- Specialises in complex and sensitive family liaison deployments
- Experienced fatal and serious road traffic collision investigator
- Praised for partnership working with other emergency services
- Awarded Professional Doctorate with University of Sunderland
- Experienced project worker with external and government agencies
In the Chambers UK 2020 Guide the personal injury team was described as “very approachable, easy to communicate with and supportive.” A source highlighted the team’s “considered and knowledgeable approach to clients with complex and individual needs.”
Outside of work, Jami is a keen cyclist and chair of her local cycling club, passionate about developing the profile of the club and its members. She is also a keen cycling photographer.
Key Practice Areas
- Family liaison, esp complex investigations including suicides
- Road traffic collision investigation
- Fatal and serious investigations
- Road safety education
- Esp young driver road safety education
- Collision recording