- James studied law at the University of Northumbria;
- Since qualifying as a solicitor in 2013, James has specialised in private client matters. He is experienced in providing advice on lifetime planning, including the preparation of bespoke wills and lasting powers of attorney and advising on tax planning structures. He works with, and is instructed regularly by, members of the Durham Police Federation;
- James is a full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners and a Dementia Friend;
- James is currently training to become a Notary Public;
- The Wills, Trusts & Probate Team won Private Client Team of the year at the 2019 Northern Law Awards and James was shortlisted in the “Rising Star” category.
Outside work James enjoys socialising, the gym and has a keen interest in travel.
The Legal 500 2019 described the private client team as “professional at all times. All the staff are polite and pleasant, they are quick to respond to queries.”
The private client team was hailed as “pleasant, courteous and, from my experience, efficient.” in the Chambers UK 2020 Guide with another client saying “It’s an excellent service, overall, and I would not hesitate to use the firm again.”
Key Practice Areas
- Probate & estate administration
- Lasting powers of attorney
- Court of Protection
- Inheritance tax planning