James joined Sintons in February 2010, and qualified as a solicitor in September 2013. He is part of Sintons’ nationally-recognised insurance litigation team specialising in defending catastrophic injury claims on behalf of UK motor insurers.
- James is frequently instructed by UK motor insurers in relation to their most complex and high value claims
- He deals with a full range of cases, including spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, amputation and chronic pain cases
- James will advise in relation to all issues in cases including liability, contributory negligence and quantum
- He is regularly instructed to deal with issues of indemnity and policy coverage, including cases involving insurers dealing with cases under Article 75 of the Articles of Association of the Motor Insurers’ Bureau
Outside of work James enjoys cycling, walking, music, film and reading.
James was described by the Legal 500 2017 & 2018 as being a ‘next generation lawyer’ for his potential in the insurance litigation field.
The nationally-acclaimed insurance litigation team won praise from the Legal 500 2017 for its unrivalled capability and client-centric approach and in 2018 for its personal and professional service and for its particular strength in defending high-value catastrophic injury claims.
Key Practice Areas
- Catastrophic injury litigation
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Indemnity and policy coverage issues