- Fiona qualified as a solicitor in 2007 specialising in Employment on qualification
- Fiona has worked at Eversheds and Ward Hadaway before joining Sintons in 2017
- Fiona has a degree in European Law and Languages (German and Spanish)
- Alongside her expertise in Employment, Fiona has extended her practice area to Immigration
- Fiona provides businesses with advice in relation to dealing with internal employment matters having advised on hundreds of disciplinaries and grievances as well as a similar number of other HR matters relating to maternity/paternity leave, sickness absence and ill-health, pay, working hours and complex TUPE transfers
- Fiona has advised both Respondents and Claimants in relation to dozens of Tribunal matters involving unfair dismissal, discrimination and whistleblowing
- Fiona is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association
- Fiona also regularly presents seminars on a broad range of employment and immigration issues
Outside work Fiona enjoys spending time with her family, reading and running: she is currently training for the Great North Run.
The Legal 500 2018 described the employment team as “always offering reasoned and appropriate advice“.
The Chambers UK 2019 Guide described the Employment team as providing a “dependable, friendly service that’s always willing to go the extra mile in difficult situations.” A client noted: “Their advice has always been timely. They’re very pragmatic as well, and give detailed advice.”
“We have worked with Fiona for several years now and have always found her advice to be commercial and tailored to our business needs. Fiona recently advised us in relation to a Business Immigration matter and the assistance she gave was invaluable in reaching a satisfactory outcome. We would be pleased to recommend her for Employment and Business Immigration advice.”
“The advice she gives us is well thought out, articulate and easy for us to understand; also her approach is very consistent, with every strategy well thought out so we know exactly how to handle the situation. Having Fiona as part of our team gives us great confidence that we are doing things right and in a professional manner. I could not recommend her enough.”
“Fiona’s key skill is in providing you with tailored advice and a range of commercially focused options, that always has her client’s business interests at heart.”
“Fiona has recently provided us with advice in relation to some complicated employment matters involving tricky employees. We found her advice to be helpful and practical and delivered in a straightforward pragmatic manner. Fiona was always pleasant and approachable, making what could have been a very awkward situation that much easier to deal with. We have been grateful for her assistance and would certainly recommend her for employment advice.”
Key Practice Areas