Having qualified as a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives in 2007, Debby joined Sintons in January 2010 in the Insurance Litigation department, and was promoted to Associate in October 2015. She has more than 15 years’ experience acting for individuals, businesses and insurers in defending EL, PL and RTA claims.
- Specialising in employers liability and public liability claims on behalf of a major North East car manufacturer and its suppliers, as well as acting for individuals and businesses
- Investigating claims arising out of workplace accidents, noise induced hearing loss, VWF/HAVS and work related upper limb disorders
- Debby has experience of dealing with claims on behalf of public transport providers, local authorities and the retail sector
- Currently also handling a caseload of fast track and multi track road traffic cases for various insurers
- Debby handles cases at both the pre and post litigation stage, and has experience of running cases to trial and negotiating settlements
- Debby is involved in the development of the Insurance Litigation case management system
The nationally-acclaimed insurance litigation team won praise from the Legal 500 2017 for its unrivalled capability and client-centric approach and in 2018 for its personal and professional service and for its particular strength in defending high-value catastrophic injury claims.
Outside of work Debby enjoys spending time with her husband and children, socialising with friends, personal training and watching football/Formula 1.
Key Practice Areas
- Employers Liability
- Public Liability
- Road Traffic Accidents
- Industrial Disease
- Case Management System Development