David is an Associate lawyer with over 20 years of experience. He was admitted as a Fellow of the Chartered Legal Executives in May 2010 and joined Sintons in January 2018.
- David has over 20 years of experience in the legal profession working in all areas of personal injury litigation
- David qualified as a lawyer via the ILEX route with a Level 3 Professional Diploma in law and Level 6 Professional Diploma in Law
- He has a broad range of experience over a large number of practice areas, acting on behalf of clients across the UK, many of whom have sustained serious life changing injuries
- David has dedicated his career to bringing claims for compensation for clients (children and adults)
- David enjoys helping clients to make the best recovery possible and securing the right level of compensation commensurate with the injuries sustained
- At the earliest possible stage, it is David’s priority to secure interim payments for clients where possible and secure funding for rehabilitation and care packages to improve the lives of clients and their families
- David provides individuals with straight forward legal advice and is delighted to have been described by clients as ‘very professional and friendly’ and by another who said that they “knew they were in the right hands”
- He was also extremely proud to have been described by the Legal 500 as a lawyer that ‘puts the client at the heart of the process and is always striving to achieve the best possible result’
David is married with two young children and enjoys spending as much time with his family as possible. The majority of David’s time outside of work is spent with his family engaging in voluntary work in the community.
David helped one client to become the very first individual in the UK to receive cutting edge functional prosthesis from American based Naked Prosthetics via Pace Rehabilitation. David explained “When suffering a life-changing amputation it is imperative that individuals have access to the most effective prosthetic aids available, to allow them to regain as much independence as possible. Significant progress is currently being made in the field of functional prosthetics and we work hard to ensure that our clients have access to the most up to date technology, to help get their lives back on track. Accordingly Sintons have been delighted to collaborate with both Pace Rehabilitation and Naked Prosthetics (USA) in order to make this cutting edge technology available for our client; the first in the UK.”
You can read the full press release here.
The Legal 500 2017 commented “legal executive David Knipe, ‘puts the client at the heart of the process and is always striving to achieve the best possible result’.
In the 2018 Legal 500 David was described as having “experience in employer liability claims and an ‘excellent manner with clients’.”
The personal injury team won praise from the Legal 500 2018 being highlighted for their “first-class service” in the “very organised and highly professional” way they approach cases.
The Chambers UK 2019 Guide described the personal injury team as being “flexible, responsive and modern in their outlook, and approachable, client-focused and always happy to go that extra mile.”
In the Chambers UK 2020 Guide the personal injury team was described as “very approachable, easy to communicate with and supportive.” A source highlighted the team’s “considered and knowledgeable approach to clients with complex and individual needs.”
Key Practice Areas
- Employers’ Liability
- Public Liability
- Occupier's Liability
- Product Liability
- Road Traffic Accidents
- Accidents Abroad & under the Montreal Convention
- Fatal Claims
- Occupational Disease Claims including CTS, Deafness
- Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS)
- Work Related Upper Limb Disorders (WRULD)