Christopher is a Partner in the Corporate and Commercial Department. He is an experienced commercial lawyer who advises on a full range of commercial and corporate transactions. Chris was appointed managing partner in August 2020.
- He deals with corporate acquisitions and disposals as well as corporate finance transactions
- Christopher has a particular expertise in the Healthcare and Leisure Sectors
- He also deals with complex tax-driven corporate restructurings usually involving substantial value trading groups often allied to refinancing transactions
- Lectures widely on issues of corporate structure and governance
- His work is also undertaken for clients in relation to joint ventures and other commercial agreements
- Christopher is the firm’s representative of International Jurists – a global network of commercial lawyers
Christopher was recommended by the Legal 500 2016, 2018 and 2019 and ranked highly and recognised as being a notable practitioner in the Chambers UK 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 Guides, being described as a “highly experienced lawyer who is regularly involved in corporate and M&A work in the leisure and healthcare sectors.” Commentators say: “He is responsive and professional and ensures that all aspects of transactions are dealt with properly”.
The Chambers UK 2018 Guide described Chris as being noted for his assistance with corporate restructurings and M&A transactions involving residential care facilities. Clients say: “He is really helpful, very practical, very professional and knowledgeable.”
The Chambers UK 2019 Guide held Chris in high regard for his experience and depth of knowledge when advising on significant M&A and reorganisations. The Guide also described the Corporate team as having “Excellent service levels. They are very responsive and commercially minded.”
The Chambers UK 2020 Guide described Chris as “very good at client care and very attentive. He has some loyal clients and is an experienced lawyer.”
The corporate and commercial team won team of the year at the 2019 Northern Law Awards.
Key Practice Areas
- Corporate Finance and Private Equity
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Leisure Services