Andrew McGowan is the Head of the Neurotrauma department at Sintons. He has over 30 years’ experience in high value serious injury work both within the UK and internationally (that includes UK citizens injured abroad and also foreign citizens injured whilst in the UK).
Andrew has a proven track record of leading teams acting on behalf of seriously injured clients and providing support to their families. He is also a strong advocate of early intervention and rehabilitation for clients, working with insurers to ensure early access to the correct and best rehabilitation support available.
- Andrew is an APIL accredited Brain Injury & Spinal Injury lawyer
- He acts for clients nationally & internationally in cases involving brain and spinal injuries
- Andrew was ranked in the Legal 500 2019 as a rising star
- He has extensive experience of acting on behalf of seriously injured children in Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) proceedings. This includes physically injured children and those with neuro developmental disorders being born to drug and/or alcohol addicted parents
- Andrew has a proven track record of high value settlements and outcomes
- Andrew has developed a niche practice acting on behalf of injured cyclists and working with specialists to provide unique rehabilitation packages to assist them in cycling again
- He is a champion of cyclists rights
Outside of work, Andrew enjoys skiing and dog walking in and around his home in York. Andrew is a owner of a PAT (pets as therapy) dog.
Key Practice Areas