Amanda is nationally recognised as a leading healthcare lawyer. She works regularly with Chief Executives, Heads of Departments and the Boards of major NHS Trusts. Amanda is also highly respected for her knowledge of Primary Care, where her advice is sought-after by GPs and dentists across the country.
- She advises NHS organisations on the legal aspects of the key strategic issues they currently face including new models of care structures, as well as underlying governance, structural, commercial and charitable issues;
- Amanda provides training to Trust Boards on governance issues and is often asked to sit on steering groups for large scale projects within NHS Trusts;
- Amanda is a regular speaker at national healthcare conferences and leads seminars and workshops. She has also written numerous articles published in healthcare industry publications;
- She is a former Chair (2012-14) of the Association of Specialist Providers to Dentists (ASPD) and currently is Secretary of the National Association of Specialist Solicitors Advising Doctors (NASSAD);
- Amanda also has a speciality in charitable matters where she advises both independent health related charities (and those linked to NHS Trusts. Amanda’s ability to forge long term relationships with NHS clients and build their trust is testament to her years of experience and her approachable and caring personality;
- Elsewhere, Amanda is a trustee of TyneGateway Trust, a charity that facilitates entrepreneurship to help families escape from poverty and winner of The Times New Charity of the Year 2014;
- The corporate and commercial team won team of the year at the 2019 Northern Law Awards.
Faith Based Institution Experience:
Amanda has considerable experience in acting on behalf of Faith Based Institution and other charity clients over many years including:
- The Anglican Church
- Methodist Church Managing Trustees
Her particular expertise is setting up charities, advising on charitable and company law, advising on funding implications, setting up Charitable Incorporated Organisations and Community Interest Companies, advising on governance and contracting with third parties.
Amanda regularly gives talks to clients and co-professionals and is a national specialist in relation to these matters.
Amanda has been listed as a “leading individual” for Healthcare by the Legal 500 since 2015, whilst the Healthcare team was described as being “a true leader in the healthcare field.” The 2021 Guide says ‘Amanda Maskery is at the top of her field in the GP and Dental sectors.‘
In the 2018 Guide Amanda was praised for her sector knowledge, with the Healthcare team described as being “attentive and thorough” and committed to offering “prompt response times and great attention to detail.”
Chambers & Partners
Amanda was praised as being a ‘notable practitioner’ in the Chambers UK 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021 Guides and “recognised as a leading specialist in the dental and GP sectors.” She was also described as being “an outstanding solicitor who has a very strong reputation for both dental and GP work,” and is further praised for being “very approachable, helpful and quick to respond.” Her recent work includes advising on partner exits and practice mergers. The Healthcare team was also described as having: “Excellent level of healthcare expertise. The individuals are approachable and easy to deal with.”
The 2019 Guide described her as being an “excellent practitioner” who is “very responsive, friendly and easy to deal with.” The Guide also described the Healthcare team as being “a great all-round firm who have the skills and people to provide support for all eventualities” One client noted: “They are very responsive to queries and give very balanced and sensible advice in terms that make sense.”
Key Practice Areas
- Sales, Mergers and Acquisitions
- Medical Partnerships and LLPs
- NHS Trusts
- Primary Care – GPs & Dentists
- Corporate Finance