Amanda is nationally recognised as a leading healthcare lawyer. She works regularly with Chief Executives, Heads of Departments and the Boards of major NHS Trusts. Amanda is also highly respected for her knowledge of Primary Care, where her advice is sought-after by GPs and dentists across the country.
- She advises NHS organisations on the legal aspects of the key strategic issues they currently face including Sustainability and Transformation Plans (STPs), multi-speciality community structures and new models of care structures, as well as underlying governance, structural, commercial and charitable issues
- Amanda provides training to Trust Boards on governance issues including the Bribery Act, and is often asked to sit on steering groups for large scale projects within NHS Trusts
- Notably, she has recently advised on a framework agreement with an NHS Trust based in Scotland and is at ease working with documents outside of the jurisdiction of England and Wales
- Amanda is a regular speaker at national healthcare conferences and leads seminars and workshops. She has also written numerous articles published in healthcare industry publications
- She is a former Chair (2012-14) of the Association of Specialist Providers to Dentists (ASPD) and currently is Secretary of the National Association of Specialist Solicitors Advising Doctors (NASSAD)
- Amanda also has a speciality in charitable matters where she advises both independent health related charities (Children’s Heart Unit Fund, Freeman Hospital) and those linked to NHS Trusts. She also chairs Sintons’ Corporate Social Responsibility committee and leads the firm’s graduate recruitment programme
- Amanda’s ability to forge long term relationships with NHS clients and build their trust is testament to her years of experience and her approachable and caring personality
- Elsewhere, Amanda is a Governor of Newcastle High School for Girls and Chair of TyneGateway Trust, a charity that facilitates female entrepreneurship to help families escape from poverty and winner of The Times New Charity of the Year 2014
- The corporate and commercial team won team of the year at the 2019 Northern Law Awards.
Amanda was listed as a “leading individual” for Healthcare by the Legal 500 in 2017 & 2018, whilst the Healthcare team was described as being “a true leader in the healthcare field“.
In the 2018 Guide Amanda was praised for her sector knowledge, with the Healthcare team described as being “attentive and thorough” and committed to offering “prompt response times and great attention to detail“.
Chambers & Partners
Amanda was praised as being a ‘notable practitioner’ in the Chambers UK 2017, 2018 & 2019 Guides and “recognised as a leading specialist in the dental and GP sectors.” She was also described as being “an outstanding solicitor who has a very strong reputation for both dental and GP work,” and is further praised for being “very approachable, helpful and quick to respond.” Her recent work includes advising on partner exits and practice mergers. The Healthcare team was also described as having: “Excellent level of healthcare expertise. The individuals are approachable and easy to deal with.”
The 2019 Guide described her as being an “excellent practitioner” who is “very responsive, friendly and easy to deal with.” The Guide also described the Healthcare team as being “a great all-round firm who have the skills and people to provide support for all eventualities” One client noted: “They are very responsive to queries and give very balanced and sensible advice in terms that make sense.”
Key Practice Areas
- Sales, Mergers and Acquisitions
- Medical Partnerships and LLPs
- NHS Trusts
- Primary Care – GPs & Dentists
- Corporate Finance