Allison joined Sintons in November 2019 as the Head of the Debt Recovery department.
Allison has worked in the legal sector since 1987 and owned her own debt recovery business before joining Simpson Millar in 2009, where she worked as head of their debt department for several years. Allison then took a short career break when she became Mayor of Gateshead.
- Allison has experience of advising clients on a range of debt related matters;
- Pre-action considerations – profiling the debt and the debtor;
- Preparing letters before action and County Court Claims;
- Preparation of bankruptcy and winding up proceedings; &
- Advising clients on effective debt recovery and successful enforcement options.
Allison and the team deal with bulk volume debt recovery as well as bespoke complex debt collection matters for companies and individuals. Allison’s role also involves maintaining client relations for the department as well as running a caseload of debt recovery matters which includes issuing letters before action, county court claims and bulk enforcement, as well as dealing with insolvency matters such as statutory demands, bankruptcy petitions and winding up petitions.
Away from the office Allison enjoys spending time with her family, going to the theatre and walking her two dogs.
Allison is a charity volunteer and is a Trustee of a local charity. She is also an active supporter of the CWU Humanitarian Aid Charity and has taken part in two convoy trips across Europe to deliver aid to orphanages and hospitals with the charity.
Allison is also a local authority appointed school governor.
Key Practice Areas
- Debt Recovery
- Debt Collection
- Invoice Recoveries
- Rent Arrears
- Service Charge Collections
- Commercial Property Rent Arrears
- Overpayment of wages, commissions & bonuses