Alan became Chairman of Sintons in 2012. He is a Partner in our Personal and Family department.
- Qualified in England and Wales in 1982
- Made a partner in 1988
- Alan advises high net worth individuals and business owners on personal estate planning matters
- He also deals with high value residential property acquisitions
- Alan advises developers and businesses on sale, acquisition and development schemes
- Advising on Inheritance and trust disputes
- The wills and probate team won team of the year at the 2019 Northern Law Awards
The Legal 500 2019 described the private client team as “professional at all times. All the staff are polite and pleasant, they are quick to respond to queries.”
In the Legal 500 2018 Guide Alan was hailed for his tax planning and trusts work.
The private client team won praise from the Legal 500 2017 being hailed as “excellent”. In the 2018 Guide the team was highly rated for its “professional efficient and friendly approach“.
The outstanding Alan Dawson is Sintons LLP’s key contact for private client matters (Legal 500).
The private client team was hailed as “pleasant, courteous and, from my experience, efficient.” in the Chambers UK 2020 Guide with another client saying “It’s an excellent service, overall, and I would not hesitate to use the firm again.“
Key Practice Areas
- Succession and Capital Taxes Planning
- Wills, Powers of Attorney & Trusts
- Inheritance Disputes
- Development Property
- Rural Business
- Rural Property