Ailsa qualified as a solicitor in January 2013 and since then has undertaken a wide range of Employment work for both public sector and private sector clients.
- Ailsa started out her legal career predominately acting for claimants in the Employment Tribunal on various types of claims including discrimination, whistleblowing, and breach of contract
- She now advise employers on procedural compliance and Human Resources issues, employment related disputes and litigation
- Ailsa has experience in running a large litigious case load, including pre-claim complaints and settlement negotiations
- She has been involved in over 50 claims before the Employment Tribunal to date and now continues in this practice acting for a wide range of respondent clients in various sectors, including public sector, NHS, construction, education, manufacturing, charities and social enterprises
- Ailsa has a lot experience defending discrimination claims and has also been involved in complex TUPE litigation involving public sector organisations
- Ailsa is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association
The Legal 500 2018 described the employment team as “always offering reasoned and appropriate advice“.
The Chambers UK 2019 Guide described the Employment team as providing a “dependable, friendly service that’s always willing to go the extra mile in difficult situations.” A client noted: “Their advice has always been timely. They’re very pragmatic as well, and give detailed advice.”
Key Practice Areas