Sarah is a Partner and Head of the Licensing and Gambling team at Sintons.
- Advising on all aspects of the laws relating to supply of alcohol, provision of entertainment, late night refreshment, sex establishments, gambling activity, civil marriage approvals, pavement licences and associated planning applications
- Preparing and presenting evidence in respect of applications, reviews and appeal hearings
- Working with Local Authority Officers and Responsible Bodies to achieve quick, cost effective results
- Dealing with and resolving enforcement and regulatory issues
- Presenting seminars and training to clients and trade groups
- Working with the leisure services, regulatory and planning teams in order to provide clients with the full service support they require in their businesses
Sarah is listed as a ‘leading individual‘ by the Legal 500 2016.
She was also ranked highly and recognised as being a notable practitioner in the Chambers UK 2017 Guide, being described as “utterly committed to the client’s cause, extremely well prepared and universally liked by committees,” according to commentators. Clients appreciate that she has a “very good success rate and experience of the licensing trade.”
“Named in the Legal 500 as a leader in her field, Sarah is renowned for her ability to genuinely support a client and achieve results”
“Top rated” (Legal 500 2016
“Sarah Smith leads the group’s licensing and gaming work. She is known to be a strong advocate for her clients who include Breeze Ventures and Keeping Inn. She advises on all areas including liquor, entertainment and gaming” (Chambers UK 2016 Guide)
Key Practice Areas
- Licensing and Gambling
- Leisure Services
- Regulatory Services