Key Women At Sintons | North East Times | October 2019
With a significant proportion of its senior team made up of women – including 11 partners – Sintons has leading ladies throughout its ranks.
Among the key women in Sintons’ team are some of the most highly-rated lawyers and legal professionals in the North of England:
- Karen Simms, Partner: As head of Sintons’ award-winning corporate and commercial team, Karen oversees the continuing strong growth of the department and has recently celebrated 20 years with the firm. Karen is regularly named as one of the leading lawyers in the North of England by Legal 500 for her unrivalled capability in corporate matters, with a particular specialism in healthcare, energy, waste and natural resources.
- Anna Barton, Partner: Anna leads Sintons’ residential conveyancing team, which routinely handles high-value property transactions from across the country, with a high proportion of its work coming from London. Anna has led the growth of the department into one of the most capable in the region, winning a best team accolade at the Northern Law Awards in recognition of its excellence.
- Victoria Armstrong, Partner: a highly-esteemed and experienced real estate lawyer, Victoria plays a leading role within Sintons’ nationally-regarded healthcare team, advising NHS Trusts and organisations across the UK on property and estates matters, often of the highest complexity.
- Amanda Maskery, Partner: hailed as one of the leading commercial lawyers in the North of England, Amanda’s specialism in healthcare has also brought extensive national recognition. As head of NHS Healthcare at Sintons, she works widely with NHS Trusts, healthcare organisations, GPs and dentists across the UK, and is the long-standing trusted advisor to many.
- Louise Masters, Senior Associate: Louise is widely recognised as one of the North East’s leading family lawyers and plays a central role in Sintons’ specialist family team, which was recently recognised as the best of its kind in the region at the Northern Law Awards 2019. Alongside her specialism in handling high-value complex divorce and separation matters, Louise also works closely with Sintons’ Serious Injury and Court of Protection teams to support and represent clients who have suffered serious injuries.
- Jane Meikle, Partner: Jane is head of banking at Sintons, and has led the growth of the team into one of the leading specialist advisors and most highly-regarded names in the region’s banking and finance sector. With over 18 years of experience in the field, and is regularly instructed by lenders and borrowers alike to act on their behalf in multi-million pound transactions.
- Lucy Carlin, Senior Associate: One of the most highly-rated specialist tech lawyers in the North of England, Lucy is a key and trusted advisor to many of the region’s leading names in the startup and tech sectors. Regularly acknowledged as an Associate to Watch and Next Generation Lawyer by the Chambers and Legal 500 legal rankings, Lucy is spearheading the strong growth of Sintons’ presence in the North’s fast-growing tech sector.
- Laura Peace, Partner: having been a leading name in real estate for several years, Laura has more recently become a widely regarded name in ecclesiastical work, and had led the growth of Sintons’ presence in this highly niche and specialist area of work nationally. She acts for Trustees for Methodist Church Purposes and the Anglican Dioceses of Newcastle and Carlisle, for which she is the Deputy Registrar.
- Emma Saunders, Senior Associate: Having relocated from a top 100 London-based law firm to join Sintons, Emma now plays a key role in the growth of the firm’s contentious probate offering. She was recently named as an Associate to Watch in High Net Worth for Private Wealth Disputes by Chambers and is routinely instructed to act in highly complex trust, estate and Court of Protection disputes across the UK.
- Sarah Smith, Partner: head of licensing Sarah is one of the leading licensing specialists in the North of England, and is regarded as the ‘go to’ lawyer by many of the key names in the leisure industry, both regionally and nationally. She has a longstanding record of being named among the leading lawyers in the North by both Chambers and Legal 500.
- Pippa Aitken, Senior Associate: Pippa leads the intellectual property team at Sintons and has a reputation as one of the leading IP advisors regionally and beyond. She works with major regional, national and international brands advising them on brand protection and is the longstanding trusted advisor to many of her clients.
- Claire Atkins, Head of HR: With a wealth of HR experience, Claire leads on the People Strategy at Sintons, a central part of the firm’s Strategy for Growth. Recognising that people are its most important asset, Claire plays a leading role in making Sintons a great place to work, with a positive and collaborative workplace culture, to support the attraction and retention of the best talent.
This article was featured in the October 2019 edition of the North East Times.