- Title: Partner
- Tel: 0191 226 7866
- Email: email@example.com
Karen Simms is a corporate and commercial lawyer with over 21 years’ post qualification experience and Head of the Company Commercial Department at Sintons. She advises leading companies, businesses, organisations, individuals, NHS Trusts and University spin outs on complex commercial contracts, IT and IP, reorganisations and mergers, acquisitions and disposals, constitutional issues and corporate governance.
Karen is known for providing pragmatic and timely advice, acting as a trusted advisor to a number of clients and is recognised by Legal 500 as a leading individual.
Recent experience includes advising NHS Trusts and pharmaceutical manufacturers on:
- Master Services Agreements, Scopes of Work and Quality Agreements for the manufacture of Specials (in accordance with Manufacturer’s Specials Licences (from the MHRA), GMP and GDP);
- shared facilities/use agreements;
- IPR commercialisation, ownership of background and foreground IPR and improvements and publication rights (in relation to technical and clinical papers);
- Terms and Conditions of supply;
- a comprehensive review of multi-site energy supply contracts to ensure best value and contract adherence by service providers;
- QC Testing and Manufacturing Agreements,
- Outsourcing and Maintenance Agreements,
- Technical & Financial Agreements, Framework Partnership Agreements, and Collaboration Agreements; and
- Agreements for the manufacture of cell derived products (in accordance with Manufacturer’s Authorisations for IMPs) for clinical trials.
Karen also acts for a number of dental clients in relation to the acquisition and disposal of private and NHS practices.