Cohabiting couples with children
When making a decision regarding the award of financial provision for a child, the Court will consider a number of factors including:
- Each parent’s financial position;
- Each parent’s needs and responsibilities, including those for other children;
- The child's financial needs;
- Any disabilities the child has; &
- Each parents intentions regarding the child’s education.
Both parents will have to provide to the Court full details of their financial position, to enable to Court to make appropriate provision.
For anything further, one of our specialists would be delighted to meet you to talk through your options and answer any questions. Please contact us at any time.