Solicitor/Associate Neurotrauma – Claimant Personal Injury
We are a full-service law firm based in Newcastle upon Tyne serving clients throughout the UK.
Our vision is to set the standard for legal excellence and in doing so become the law firm of choice for businesses, organisations and individuals both regionally and nationally. We are recognised for delivering an outstanding service provided by people who understand our clients’ needs, take pride in what they do and how they do it and have a passion for continuous improvement and client satisfaction.
With over 200 employees, including 32 partners and 120 lawyers, we are one of the largest law firms in the North East.
We have a key vacancy for a Solicitor / Associate to work in the expanding Neurotrauma team in our Claimant Personal Injury department. The successful candidate will work in the Neurotrauma team dealing with cases involving serious neurological injury, particularly brain and spinal cord injury.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Independently, and as part of a team, handling neurotrauma injury claims, both pre-litigation and litigated cases
- Undertaking liability investigations
- Quantum investigations (including review of medical, therapy, employment and case management documentation, obtaining medical and other expert evidence, and special damages calculations), drafting Schedules of Loss
- Applying a proactive approach on a case by case basis to achieve the very best outcome for the client
- Promoting the firm, and particularly the neurotrauma team, externally, by attending events, developing positive relationships with potential work-referrers, and supporting the business development and profile-raising strategy and activities of the neurotrauma team
- Providing an exceptional client experience
- Dealing with Court hearings and applications.
The prospective applicant must have experience of complex and high-value personal injury claims, although significant experience of brain or spinal cord injury claims is not a prerequisite for this position. The applicant should have a detailed knowledge of the CPR and will be required to be familiar with medical issues relevant to serious injury claims and complex quantum calculations.
Any applicant should have the ability to familiarise themselves with and assess large quantities of documentation and information, often within the confines of strict Court timetables.
The successful candidate will have the interpersonal skills to deal with professional intermediaries. They will be a competent advocate and be expected to participate in attending client events and other activities to create, maintain and build upon positive external relationships. A willingness to work unsocial hours including travel and staying out of the area from time to time is essential for this role.
Flexibility, team-work, enthusiasm and complete commitment to clients are essential characteristics of the ideal candidate.
Confidence in use of IT is desirable.
Appropriate training will be provided to enable the successful candidate to fulfil this role and to develop as a neuro trauma lawyer.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. In addition we have an exciting benefits package, details of which can be found on our website.
This is a key appointment for the Sintons Neurotrauma team and represents an exciting opportunity to further develop your career within an ambitious and dynamic team.
How to apply:
Please send your CV with a covering letter including your current salary details to Anna MacKenzie (firstname.lastname@example.org) or upload below.