Registry Clerk and Property Paralegal
We are a full-service law firm based in Newcastle upon Tyne serving clients throughout the UK and further afield. We have an outstanding reputation for delivering high quality partner-led advice with exceptional personal service.
With 200 employees, including 33 partners and 100 lawyers, we are one of the largest law firms in the North East. Our client base includes large companies, owner managed businesses, healthcare professionals, leisure operators and rural businesses.
With a history stretching back over 100 years, we recognise the importance the contribution that businesses like ours should and can have on the local community and we, therefore, encourage our employees to get involved and give back to the local community in which we live and work.
Our vision is to set the standard for legal excellence and in doing so, to become the law firm of choice for businesses, organisations and individuals. To meet our vision and deliver an outstanding service we employ individuals who understand our clients’ needs, take pride in what they do and how they do it. If this sounds like a vision you would like to be a part of and you meet the requirements of the role below, we’d be delighted to hear from you.
We are looking to recruit a Registry Clerk to deliver high quality administrative support to the Registrar and provide excellent client service to the Diocesan Bishop, their team and parishioners. This role will also provide Paralegal support to the Commercial Property team.
- Preparation of documentation for Church based legal procedures, including for example:
- Preparing marriage licences;
- Preparing and issuing papers relating to Church planning procedures (where alterations to Church buildings are proposed);
- Preparing licence documentation relating to the appointment/retirement/resignations of clergy to and from their offices within the Diocese;
- Updating formal records of the Diocese
- Clerical and administrative functions in relation to the work of the Registrar
- Attending on parishioners clergy and Church planning committee in connection with the functions listed above
- Opportunity to attend Clerks national groups/committees
- Ancillary support to commercial property team
The ideal candidate will have the ability to multitask, work independently and be comfortable dealing with a busy workload. They will have a methodical approach to work with strong verbal and written communication skills as the position will involve speaking with clients and intermediaries. Excellent computer skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Full training will be provided
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Opportunity for career progression.
How to apply:
Please send your CV with a covering letter including your current salary to Anna MacKenzie (email@example.com) or upload below.