Fee Earner – Residential Conveyancing
We are a full-service law firm based in Newcastle upon Tyne serving clients throughout the UK and further afield. We have an outstanding reputation for delivering high quality partner-led advice with exceptional personal service.
With over 200 employees, including 32 partners and 120 lawyers, we are one of the largest law firms in the North East. Our client base includes large companies, owner managed businesses, healthcare professionals, leisure operators and rural businesses.
With a history stretching back over 100 years, we recognise the importance the contribution that businesses like ours should and can have on the local community and we, therefore, encourage our employees to get involved and give back to the local community in which we live and work.
Our vision is to set the standard for legal excellence and in doing so, to become the law firm of choice for businesses, organisations and individuals. To meet our vision and deliver an outstanding service we employ individuals who understand our clients’ needs, take pride in what they do and how they do it. If this sounds like a vision you would like to be a part of and you meet the requirements of the role below, we’d be delighted to hear from you.
We require a fee earner to join our busy conveyancing department. This role is a full time position and consideration will be given to Solicitors, Legal Executives and Paralegals who have at least 3 years’ experience in running a caseload of all types of residential property transactions including new build, help to buy and leasehold matters. Day to day you will be dealing with clients, managing your own caseload and supporting the head of the conveyancing team.
Key aspects of this role include:
- Advice and guidance to clients (by email, telephone or in face to face meetings) on all aspects of the conveyancing process
- Liaising with estate agents, mortgage lenders, land registry and third party solicitors
- Drafting and amending all documentation supporting the conveyancing transaction, including advice notes, letters and other post completion and registration documents
- Adhering to any agreed client service standards
- Contributing to business development initiatives
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate an ability to prioritise, cope under pressure and work to strict deadlines. Good communication and IT skills are essential as is managing expectations across a wide range of competing needs, Attention to detail, a good work ethic and a willingness to cover a variety of tasks and work outside core hours on occasion will be necessary. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunity for career progression
Please send your CV with a covering letter to Bethany Robertson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or upload below.
Closing date: Monday 1st July 2019