Business Systems Developer
We are a full-service law firm based in Newcastle upon Tyne serving clients throughout the UK and further afield. We have an outstanding reputation for delivering high quality partner-led advice with exceptional personal service.
With over 200 employees, including 32 partners and 120 lawyers, we are one of the largest law firms in the North East. Our client base includes large companies, owner managed businesses, healthcare professionals, leisure operators and rural businesses.
With a history stretching back over 100 years, we recognise the importance the contribution that businesses like ours should and can have on the local community and we, therefore, encourage our employees to get involved and give back to the local community in which we live and work.
Our vision is to set the standard for legal excellence and in doing so, to become the law firm of choice for businesses, organisations and individuals. To meet our vision and deliver an outstanding service we employ individuals who understand our clients’ needs, take pride in what they do and how they do it. If this sounds like a vision you would like to be a part of and you meet the requirements of the role below, we’d be delighted to hear from you.
Working closely with IT colleagues and operational staff, you will have significant exposure to key stakeholders across the business with a view to improving business workflows and end user experience.
Key aspects of this role include:
- Design, development and maintenance of Practice Management, Case and Document Management systems for all departments within the practice including:
- All aspects of developing the Proclaim Case Management System
- Production and maintenance of all documentation for support and changes in relation to Practice Management, Case and Document Management systems.
- Production of Management reports using Proclaim and other Management information tools.
- Provide support to the Help Desk process and technical support for all users of the Practice Management, Case and Document Management systems.
- Liaise with External suppliers, logging and escalating issues
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the development and support of the Proclaim case management system, ideally related to working in a legal environment but other areas will be considered.
- Completion of Proclaim Tech Level 4 Training from Eclipse
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of any or all the following would also be of benefit:
- iManage Document Management Systems
- Time Cloud Time Recording Software
- SQL and relational database structures
You will need to be an enthusiastic, self-confident developer able to work on your own initiative with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Willing to see experiences as learning opportunities and adapt to new challenges as required with a can-do attitude. An understanding of legal workflows and their implementation along with experience of working within the IT department of a law firm, would be advantageous.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Opportunity for career progression.
Please click here for a full job description.
How to apply: