We are a full service law firm based in North East England serving clients throughout the UK and further afield. Established in 1896, we have an outstanding reputation for being approachable, trustworthy and providing practical, pragmatic and robust advice.
With 200 employees including 30 partners and over 100 lawyers, we are one of the largest law firms in the region and pride ourselves on providing our clients with the highest quality, partner-led legal advice and exceptional personal service. ‘A stalwart player in the North which regularly attracts national clients to its office in Newcastle‘ (Legal 500).
Our people make us unique and play a huge part in maintaining our distinctive culture. As one of the first law firms in the North East to receive the Investors In People status, we provide a working environment geared totally towards providing first class levels of client service. Visit our people section to find out more about our staff.
With a history stretching back over 100 years, we have a significant affinity with the North East and the communities within which we work. We are immensely proud of the proportion of work that comes from existing clients or personal recommendations, which is a testimony to the service and value we have provided to generations of businesses and families over the years.
The firm has recently gained the Lexcel accreditation, becoming one of few law firms to secure it at the first time of being assessed. Sintons won praise for its robust standards and commitment to client care.
Our Corporate Social Responsibility Programme is critical to our success and is borne out by the significant amount of time we invest in our CSR activities and the money we donate to good causes. We encourage everyone to participate in our CSR programme with our staff selecting their charity of choice on an annual basis.
Keeping our clients informed of matters relevant to them is important to us. In a world in which laws, legislation and policies change faster than ever before, we keep our clients informed in a variety of ways. Whether it is through seminars, hospitality or networking events, or through press releases or direct mail, we believe it is important to provide the updates that our clients require. Visit our news section for our latest releases. If you would like to receive our latest news, events and information, sign up to our mailing list below.
- RT @louisemSintons: No Sunday night blues for me-really looking forward to @NeilDenny training tomorrow with my lovely like-minded...
Tweeted 5 hours ago
- RT @GatesheadHAC: A big THANK YOU to @SintonsLaw for their donation raffle prize for Gateshead Harriers & AC presentation nigh...
- RT @emmaredhead1: Great night @FACTCancer awards. Inspirational stories - Congratulations to all deserving winners. @SintonsLaw @s...
- RT @dvdpritchard: Fantastic night @FACTCancer Awards #cancercare with @SintonsLaw, even got to meet Jimmy Nail #spender https://t....
- RT @leah_greenwell: @SophieRob30 @FACTCancer @helenwaldron18 @emmaredhead1 @jobson_rachael @chris_spoors @dvdpritchard @lynne_maso...
- RT @SophieRob30: @leah_greenwell @FACTCancer @helenwaldron18 @emmaredhead1 @jobson_rachael @chris_spoors @dvdpritchard @lynne_maso...
North East Solicitors Apprenticeship programme shortlisted for national award
The North East Solicitors Apprenticeship (NESA) programme has been shortlisted at this year’s British Legal Awards, during the ground-breaking scheme’s maiden year. NESA has been shortlisted alongside seven law firms […]
EAT upholds decision that UBER drivers are workers
The Employment Appeal Tribunal has this morning given its judgement in relation to the taxi firm’s appeal against the ruling of an Employment Tribunal in October last year, that two […]
Sintons’ rural team attracts further praise from Chambers 2018
The head of Sintons’ specialist rural team has been hailed by Chambers 2018 as being one of the leaders in his field. Tom Wills, Head of Agriculture and Estates at […]