We are a full service law firm based in North East England serving clients throughout the UK and further afield. Established in 1896, we have an outstanding reputation for being approachable, trustworthy and providing practical, pragmatic and robust advice.
With over 180 employees including 33 partners and over 100 lawyers, we are one of the largest law firms in the region and pride ourselves on providing our clients with the highest quality, partner-led legal advice and exceptional personal service. ‘A stalwart player in the North which regularly attracts national clients to its office in Newcastle‘ (Legal 500).
Our people make us unique and play a huge part in maintaining our distinctive culture. As one of the first law firms in the North East to receive the Investors In People status, we provide a working environment geared totally towards providing first class levels of client service. Visit our people section to find out more about our staff.
With a history stretching back over 120 years, we have a significant affinity with the North East and the communities within which we work. We are immensely proud of the proportion of work that comes from existing clients or personal recommendations, which is a testimony to the service and value we have provided to generations of businesses and families over the years.
The firm has recently gained the Lexcel accreditation, becoming one of few law firms to secure it at the first time of being assessed. Sintons won praise for its robust standards and commitment to client care.
Our Corporate Social Responsibility Programme is critical to our success and is borne out by the significant amount of time we invest in our CSR activities and the money we donate to good causes. We encourage everyone to participate in our CSR programme with our staff selecting their charity of choice on an annual basis.
Keeping our clients informed of matters relevant to them is important to us. In a world in which laws, legislation and policies change faster than ever before, we keep our clients informed in a variety of ways. Whether it is through seminars, hospitality or networking events, or through press releases or direct mail, we believe it is important to provide the updates that our clients require. Visit our news section for our latest releases. If you would like to receive our latest news, events and information, sign up to our mailing list below.
- RT @Elaine1963B: Just completed twitter training with @dvdpritchard @peter1jennings @ittrainerdavid #training #Twitter https://t.c...
- RT @alisonb1303: Just completed my Twitter training with @dvdpritchard @Peter1Jennings @ITTrainerDavid #training #Twitter https://...
- Please take a few moments to read some of our recent and fantastic client comments with @Feefo_Official #fivestars… https://t.co...
- RT @Sintonspc: Julie Garbutt presenting yesterday @mencap_charity on the topic of 'Wills for parents of children with learning dis...
- Check out the new Corporate Recovery & Insolvency pages on our website https://t.co/JuVpVleYe8 #sintons @SintonsCoCo https://t...
- RT @MattJWarner1: Fantastic @Twitter training session with @dvdpritchard @ITTrainerDavid @SintonsLaw #Training https://t.co/jdwcsG...
GDPR Blog Week 8: Data Controllers and Data Processors
After the 25th May this year, there is a new responsibility under the GDPR for data processors to be held accountable by the Information Commissioner’s Office (or “ICO”) for failing […]
Minimising the risk of financial abuse of the elderly
Financial abuse of the elderly is rarely out of the headlines at the moment and, unfortunately, this form of abuse will continue to escalate without careful planning. Sadly, research indicates […]
Legal Update: The Government responds to Law Commission proposals for reform of the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
The Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) were introduced in England and Wales as an amendment to the Mental Capacity Act 2005 (MCA) and came into force in April 2009. DoLS […]