We are a full service law firm based in North East England serving clients throughout the UK and further afield. Established in 1896, we have an outstanding reputation for being approachable, trustworthy and providing practical, pragmatic and robust advice.
With over 200 people including 33 partners and over 100 lawyers, we are one of the largest law firms in the region and pride ourselves on providing our clients with the highest quality, partner-led legal advice and exceptional personal service. ‘A stalwart player in the North which regularly attracts national clients to its office in Newcastle‘ (Legal 500).
Our people make us unique and play a huge part in maintaining our distinctive culture. As one of the first law firms in the North East to receive the Investors In People status, we provide a working environment geared totally towards providing first class levels of client service. Visit our people section to find out more about our staff.
With a history stretching back over 120 years, we have a significant affinity with the North East and the communities within which we work. We are immensely proud of the proportion of work that comes from existing clients or personal recommendations, which is a testimony to the service and value we have provided to generations of businesses and families over the years.
The firm has recently gained the Lexcel accreditation, becoming one of few law firms to secure it at the first time of being assessed. Sintons won praise for its robust standards and commitment to client care.
Our Corporate Social Responsibility Programme is critical to our success and is borne out by the significant amount of time we invest in our CSR activities and the money we donate to good causes. We encourage everyone to participate in our CSR programme with our staff selecting their charity of choice on an annual basis.
Keeping our clients informed of matters relevant to them is important to us. In a world in which laws, legislation and policies change faster than ever before, we keep our clients informed in a variety of ways. Whether it is through seminars, hospitality or networking events, or through press releases or direct mail, we believe it is important to provide the updates that our clients require. Visit our news section for our latest releases. If you would like to receive our latest news, events and information, sign up to our mailing list below.
- RT @Lauren1Fraser: After a lovely afternoon at #winteratwynyard it was great to spot @SintonsLaw in the Wynyard magazine! https://...
Tweeted 1 hour ago
- RT @ailsa_hobson: The Metro Rod conference is well underway. @MetroRodUK @SintonsLaw @Sintonshr https://t.co/AGZrT6On3q...
Tweeted 4 hours ago
- RT @ailsa_hobson: All set up for the Metro Rod conference 2018 @MetroRodUK @SintonsLaw @ColinChurchward https://t.co/wYl44G6BL6...
- RT @SintonsCoCo: Delighted to be supporting @_DCIncubator and their programme for entrepreneurs and growing businesses in County D...
- RT @SintonsCoCo: Please see the latest article from @sophie_townes in our Dispute Resolution team entitled 'Houses in Multiple Occ...
- RT @SintonsCoCo: Please join us @sintonslaw next Tuesday morning (20/11) for an introductory workshop to myndr, a new company supp...
Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs)
It has become increasingly popular for property owners of sizeable residential properties to convert their properties into Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs). The reason behind the increase in HMOs is […]
Warmseal secures £5.5 million order book with assistance from Sintons
Home improvement specialist Warmseal is closer to its objective of being a national force in its industry, after securing the £5.5 million order book of SafeGlaze UK which went into […]
Sintons Employment Law E-Bulletin – Issue 65
An individual can be liable for a whistleblowing dismissal – Timis v Osipov  EWCA Civ 2321 An employer can be vicariously liable for injury caused at an impromptu afterparty […]